Young Climate Media Fellowship
The fellowship aims to encourage young media professionals in the climate and energy sector, who by the end of the program, are expected to create and report forward-looking and solution-oriented climate and energy stories.
Who can apply?a) Candidates having an interest and willingness to work in the climate and energy beat and contribute to the public discourse on the subject;
b) Candidates with 2-3 years experience as:
- Media professionals in a reputed media house
- Media and journalism graduates and/or freelance journalists
- Journalists working for online news and media
- Once selected, the fellows will have to attend an orientation/briefing at WWF-India Secretariat office to understand and familiarize themselves with the requirements of this fellowship.
- The selected fellows will be required to travel to the field sites of WWF-India or other relevant sites in the country that have significant climate stories. The stories may or may not be limited to WWF-India interventions, but must contribute to the larger vision of WWF-India, of promoting climate innovations, enhancing clean energy access, reducing GHG emissions, and generating awareness on climate and energy themes.
- The selected candidates will be expected to publish either of the following-reports, feature stories, photo stories or analytical write-ups on climate and energy issues in India, in their official capacity on the completion of the fellowship.
- After the field/site visits, the candidates are expected to share a draft version of their stories with WWF-India
- The fellows must acknowledge the support of WWF-India - Young Climate Media Fellowship when they publish or present the articles or reports they produce under the fellowship elsewhere.
- Post the fellowship, the articles/reports become the joint property of WWF and the fellow, and WWF reserves the right to reproduce the materials developed under the fellowship programme giving due acknowledgement to the fellow and the media house.
Interested applicants are requested to submit the following
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of purpose
- Letter of recommendation/interest from the media house to publish the story
- Writing samples including published work, if any
- Professional achievements, in case of young professionals/freelancers, and academic accomplishments for graduates
The following professionals have been selected for WWF-India's Young Climate Media Fellowship:
|1.||Aesha Datta||Hindu Business Line|
|2.||Ankita Sengupta||Hindustan Times|
|4.||Shreya Jai||Business Standard|
|5.||Twesh Mishra||Hindu Business Line|
|6.||Umamaheswara Rao Jinnala||Deccan Chronicle|
|7.||Ankush Tripathi||Nav Bharat Times|
|8.||Pattabi Raman||The New Indian Express|
Fellowship Stipend & Duration
The fellowship will be for a period of two months, which will include identifying the theme and location, travelling to the site and reporting the story.