WWF-India’s Small Grants Innovation Program
WWF-India provides eligible individuals with a one-time grant between the range of INR 200,000 to INR 400,000 over a period of 12 months for undertaking conservation research/ action research. The aim is to support and encourage young conservationists, scientists, researchers and practitioners to innovatively respond to conservation issues pan India.
The small grant(s) will be used to fund research and initiatives which especially demonstrate innovation that is replicable, scalable and sustainable.
The SGIP will provide grants to individuals for activities and/or research that address issues and offer solutions or insights towards but not limited to
- Species and habitat related problems and concerns – with a focus on immediate threats and issues
- Aspects of illegal trade involving wildlife species
- Improving local livelihoods through conservation and natural resource management or promoting livelihoods that reduce impacts on biodiversity
- Innovative approaches such as tech4conservation for conservation planning, design thinking for greater conservation impact and other processes
- Demonstrating individual or collective action towards conservation outcomes or addressing local environmental concerns
- Applicants must demonstrate sound knowledge of environmental conservation and of the particular geographical area or issue that they wish to contribute to through their project.
- The minimum duration of the project should be of six months and maximum of one year and the scale of the project should be such that funding awarded covers the total or the majority of the requirements.
- Projects focusing on species/habitats outside India will not be eligible (unless it’s a transboundary habitat).
- Project must have a clearly articulated rationale that demonstrates urgency and need for the work.
- Project must achieve a clear outcome within the project timeframe with measurable results.
- Extra points will be awarded to projects that demonstrate innovative approaches for conservation impact that can be scaled up or replicated.
- Projects may also encourage participatory or community-based conservation and natural resource management.
How to apply
Interested candidates must submit proposals in the given format along with an updated curriculum vitae and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or to The Small Grants Program Coordinator, WWF-India, 172-B,Lodi Estate, New Delhi 110003
Link to proposal format: https://wwfin.awsassets.panda.org/downloads/template_for_project_proposal.pdf
Please note: Proposals should be limited to four pages excluding maps or photographs that are considered essential for a complete appraisal of the project.
- All grants will be considered for funding on a competitive basis. An expert committee at WWF-India will evaluate the proposals based on the aforementioned criteria.
- Applications will be reviewed in the first round by the SGIP manager followed by a final selection by the SGIP committee.
- The decision of the WWF team reviewing the applications will be final.
Grantees will be required to share short quarterly updates via email. In terms of formal reporting, the following reports are needed to be shared:
- One detailed mid-term report at the end of 2 quarters
- One detailed final report within 30 days of the completion of the project.
Please mark your queries to the SGIP Coordinator at email@example.com
Projects under SGP
- An Innovative Wildlife Fencing and Early Warning System to Mitigate Human- Wildlife Conflict in Gorumara National Park, West Bengal, India
- AN ASSESSMENT OF THE FISHERY AND TRADE IN MOBULIDS IN THE CONTEXT OF ITS CITES STATUS WITH A VIEW TO FORMULATING EFFECTIVE CONSERVATION PLANS
- Strengthen Community Initiatives for Sustainable management of Chala Reserve Forest
- Assessing wildlife corridor fragmented by highway and its conservation within a tiger landscape in Southern India
- Establishing pilot Black Soldier Fly Larvae organic waste processing facility
- Impact Assessment of Receding Wetlands on livelihood of Rural Population: A Study of Wetlands of Lucknow District of Uttar Pradesh, India
- Management and Conservation Efforts on Endemic Fish Mahseer in West Garo Hills, Tura, Meghalaya
- Mapping land use change and correlating with tree and faunal diversity, in the Delhi-Haryana Aravalli hills in and around Asola Bhatti wildlife sanctuary
- Conservation of wildlife and biodiversity in and around Jadhav Sagar Lake and Maniyar river through community mobilization and legal interventions.
- ACT Car Pool (Community Based Initiative)
- Using Gorgonians as surrogate across depth gradient to monitor El Nino and climate change implications in the Lakshadweep Archipelago
- The relationship between soil carbon sequestration, dung beetles and grassland management in the Korangadu grasslands of western Tamil Nadu
- Mitigation of human conflict with a ‘Highly Endangered’ monkey species through ecological research and community engagement
- The characterization and analysis of micro-plastics in coastal seawater from the selected regions of south west coast of India
- Assessment of Threatened Batoids: South west and South east coast, India
- Sustainable Solid Waste Management along Trekking Trails in the Indian Himalayas
- In situ conservation of four critically endangered, recently described and endemic plant species of Western Ghats
- How has Tamhini Ghat changed? Comparing butterfly populations in a threatened landscape after eighteen years
- Assessment of Human-Asiatic Black bear conflict and their mitigation measures in an around Khangchendzonga National Park of Sikkim, India
- Mobilization of local youth for protecting Anjaneri Conservation Reserve the only known locality for Critically Endangered Ceropegia anjanerica Malpure et al.
- Ecology of Relocated Rhesus macaques (Macaca mulatta) in Asola Bhati Wildlife Sanctuary, Delhi.
- Understanding impacts of vehicular traffic on wildlife in the Western Ghats and other areas of Karnataka
- Impact of selective logging on understorey insectivorous birds
- Community structure and trophic categorization of aquatic insects in selected streams around Agumbe, Central Western Ghats, Karnataka, India
- Assessment of Natural Spawning Ground and Establishment of Species Environment Relationship of Indian Horseshoe crab
- Study of Sloth bear habitat, identification of suitable corridors for wildlife conservation in fragmented forests of Mirzapur and assessment of human-bear conflict.
- An Experimental Study on Elephant Seismic Communication to Reduce Human Elephant Conflict
- Eco restoration of Mampuzha River banks in Perumanna Village of Kozhikode District in Kerala
- Status survey of Elasmobranchs in Ganga hoogly river system West Bengal with a special emphasis on rare and endangered Gangetic shark
- Life for Rivers
- Radio telemetry and outreach as a tool to secure a future for the threatened Mahseer, and their habitat.
- Is animal feed causing overfishing?: The fishmeal industry and fisheries sustainability in Gujarat
- Biodiversity Assessment of Erstwhile Closed Areas of Barmer and Bikaner districts of Rajasthan
- Assessing ecological Impacts of commercial agro-forestry plantations on forest-dependent insectivorous bat species in the Southern Western Ghats, India
- Finding spaces for co-existence: marine fisheries livelihoods and threatened species in India
- Landform plant diversity and its utilization pattern by ungulates in Upper Dhauli Valley: A case study from Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve
- Evaluation of conservation status of the Critically Endangered Large Rock Rat Cremnomys elvira
- Conservation of Crocodilians and Freshwater turtles in Corbett Tiger Reserve
- Assessment of the population status and habitat for the Gharial and smooth coated otter in the river Hooghly
- Status Survey of the Fishing Cat in West Bengal
- Assessing Conservation Threats to the Great Slaty Woodpecker in an Endemic Bird Area
- Conservation of Vultures in Gujarat
- Reassessment of the impact of nest collection on the edible-nest Swiftlet in Andaman islands
- Study of feeding behaviour of northern pig tailed macaque in Gibbon Wildlife Sanctuary, Assam
- Status and Distribution of Malabar Giant Squirrel in Northern Western Ghats of Maharashtra
- Study of the Diversity and Ecology of Bats in Coimbatore