WWF-India through its internship programme provides an opportunity for non-WWF India staff to engage with projects we are involved in and contribute to projects of national/global importance in conservation.
- Students from Indian and Foreign Institutions and Universities.
- Students pursuing final year under-graduate (Bachelors course) and students pursuing post-graduate (Masters Course) courses.
- Others interested in an internship with WWF-India may apply too.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates should apply by filling an application form (available on this page as download), with a valid photo ID proof.
- Foreign nationals should apply with valid Visa, passport, and Medical insurance cover for the internship duration.
- In case of an internship being part of an ongoing academic course, the application must be submitted by the candidate along with a recommendation from the University/College. Applications received without a recommendation letter will not be accepted.
- Duration of the internship (Start and end date) should be clearly indicated.
- The filled-in application form in the prescribed format should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Internship applications will be reviewed by the HR Division along with relevant Division and State Offices.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be informed about the status of their internship.
- Selected candidates will be intimated within 30 days from receipt of an application.
Duration of internship
- WWF-India internships positions open twice a year - in February and October
- Internships are normally for a period of 30 days to a maximum of 6 months.
- Persons interested in working with WWF-India for less than 30 days may apply under volunteer’s programme through http://volunteers.wwfindia.org/
WWF-India will not pay a stipend to students who are pursuing the internship as part of their completion of studies (academic courses). However, others interested in an internship with WWF-India, may be paid stipend based on their experience.
Academic Credits / Certificate
- WWF-India cannot grant academic credits for an internship. Only the University can grant this.
- WWF-India may assist the student, by providing relevant information requested by the academic department.
- Certificates will be issued to interns, on satisfactory completion of their internship assignment and submission of their outputs.
- Interns are required to give an undertaking prior to joining the internship programme.
- The interns will be issued a daily visitor card for the duration of Internship.
- Interns will be taken through respective divisional brief overview within a week of joining the internship.
- Each intern will be assigned a Guide.
- Interns will be provided with required logistic support based on their assignment.
- An intern, who is a foreign national, will be constrained not to visit any sensitive (Protected and Restricted) area for work.
Code of Conduct
The Intern appointed by WWF-India will have to sign a Code of Conduct Policy of WWF-India.
Submission of Papers/Reports
- The interns will be required to submit an output (Presentation, Report, Paper, and Data) on the work at the end of the internship.
- Interns will also be required to give feedback on their internship experience.